Virginia Tech®home

Workers Compensation

Employees who are injured may be eligible for workers compensation.  All claims must be filed on an Employers First Report of Accident form.  Questions concerning workers compensation should be referred to Human Resources – Workers Compensation at 540-231-7778.  Volunteers who are injured are not covered by workers compensation.  Injuries sustained by volunteers are their responsibility and must be covered by their personal healthcare insurance policy.  Any issues relating to workplace safety should be referred to Environmental Health and Safety Services Occupational Safety Division at 540-231-5985.

Refer to Human Resources site for information about reporting Work Related Injuries